Jeremy Thatcher, Dragon Hatcher
What If Dragons Were Real?
- Chapter 1: Draw a picture of what you think Mr. Elives' shop looks like. Remember to include all the details. Write a descriptive paragraph to go with your drawing.
- Chapter 2: Write a Haiku poem on "How to Hatch a Dragon's Egg." [Haiku: 3 line poem with 5-7-5 syllable pattern]
- Chapter 3 & 4: Draw a comic strip detailing the main events that occurred in these chapters.
- Chapter 5: Complete a VENN diagram showing how Jeremy and Mary Lou are alike and different. Think about what the characters say, think, act, and feel.
- Chapter 6: Create a name for your imaginary dragon, then write a myth behind the name of your dragon.
- Chapter 7 & 8: Draw the still life that Jeremy is supposed to draw in art class.
- Chapter 9 + 10: Become a DJ! Make a soundtrack for the book by choosing at least 5 popular songs. For each song, explain why you chose the song and how it relates to the events or characters in the book.
- Chapter 11: Write a letter to Mr. Kravitz persuading him to allow Jeremy to enter the art contest.
- Chapter 12 & 13: What could happen after the story is over? Write a brief summary of a sequel to the book.